Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Quick and easy


These days everyone is in a hurry; food has become a "git'r done" sort of event.  But; busy doesn't mean that you need to skimp on nutrition.  Fresh can be very quick and easy.  I just about live on salads; I'm obsessed with Arugula so that is the base for most of them.  To the wonderful mound of Arugula I add; chopped cabbage, cheese, nuts, tomatoes, carrot or whatever else strikes me. I often pile leftover pasta on top of my salad; love it.   This let's me eat a substantial amount of food; so I don't feel ripped off and I feel really healthy.  It takes all of 2 minutes to throw together; helps keep you out of the fast food lines and you can't eat this and not feel good about it. 


The other night I made marinated grilled Ahi Tuna sandwiches.  Talk about fast and easy.  I had a loaf of Rosemary and Olive Oil bread in the freezer; got that out.  Threw the ahi in a container with some Goddess dressing for the afternoon and head out for some more Arugula.  Making this really great sandwich was again fast and easy.  Baked one potato; then tossed the fish into the oven, sliced the bread and mixed some spicey mustard with mayo.  When the fish was done I toasted the bread just for a second and put the sandwiches together.  They were a big hit and very simple. 

One tip for ease of meal preparation and saving money is to plan.  If I don't plan a meal, we often eat out due to a lack of planning.  So a bit of planning can save you money in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment